Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Apron #3 - My first custom order

My neighbor co-worker, who gets to hear my daily rants about my sewing endeavors, decided she wanted to be a Halloween Baker for her Halloween Party this year. So she commissioned my sewing services to make an apron and a hat.
Last night I finished the apron, and thought I would share the pictures with you.
Grey bats on a black background with orange accent ties. This is a shot of the bodice of the full apron
Did you guess it was going to be reversible?
Second side features black spiders and their webs.


The other half - the skirt. I SEARCHED my local Vogue Store for just the right black lace - they had NOTHING I liked. I found the trim featured above, but the problem it had white and black sequence - they had nothing else, I asked. Removing the sequence took the most time for this project.
Finished project - Side I
Finished Project - Side II
I gave the apron to my co-worker this morning and she loved it! Yeah!
Now on to tonight's project - her matching (non reversible) Chef hat.
~Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure you can do something non-reversible??? :)

    I like the web side best. And the trim is cute. The time spent was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the web side best too. Though the bats are really neat - and a great shade of grey.

    ReplyDelete