Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Etsy Listing

I finally finished the linen dress. My original plan for this dress was to make if for myself so I could wear it to my cousins wedding (last August). However, I didn't look close enough to the pattern sizing before cutting the fabric, and thus ended up with the makings of a too-small-for-me linen dress. This of course did not leave me with enough of the natural linen, to make a second dress in my size. So, out of disappointment and regret, I but the cut pattern pieces aside. I recently picked it up again, because I knew it had to be made, I could NOT let this fabric go to waste, and in a studio apartment, there isn't much extra room for unfinished projects.

Now that it is all said and done, I am again kicking myself for not looking at the pattern sizing before cutting.
How can you not love this material?!? Perfect colors, perfect flora patterns, perfect LINEN!
In case you were wondering, my second zipper attempt was not as traumatic as the first. After a helpful suggestion from my sister to hand baste the zipper on before machine sewing (duh! why had I forgot that step?), the zipper really went on like a breeze. (Have I mentioned lately how much I adore my new sewing machine?)
And then to keep the seams from fraying I decided to add red bias tape to the inside seams...I absolutely LOVE hidden details like this.
Is it wrong to secretly hope this doesn't sell, in the off chance that someday it might fit me? Probably...
But in all honesty, I would be just as happy to see it off to someone who appreciates it and can wear it, so if you are interested, you can check it out at our Etsy store.
~Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I am interested!! Me me me!!! Oh wait, that's even less likely than you fitting into someday, isn't it?

    It's gorgeous Shell. You did an awesome job. I think the red bias tape is my favorite part. :)

    ReplyDelete