Thursday, October 22, 2009

Reversible Camera Strap Cover (second attempt)

I've been working on this concept for a while now--a reversible camera strap cover--for a friend who has a serious photography hobby. I've seen these tutorials for camera strap covers all over the Internet but none are reversible, everything boxes you in to one fabric option. And that doesn't work for me because I like to have options.

The first time I tried this it turned out really cute but it wasn't functional. The tube made by the strap was too narrow and the fabric and interfacing were to bulky to make turning it to the other side a practical option.

So the Hubby suggested Velcro.
Go Hubby!! You rock.

Here's what I came up with:




The fabrics are from Urban Chicks, the 1974 collection, and I love how they go together. There is a Velcro strip all the way down the strap to make it easy to change your mind on a whim and there is a bit of fleece interfacing in between the layers for added comfort around your neck.

This was a fun project and I'm sure I'll be making more of them soon. Keep your eye on the Etsy shop for a chance to get your own, custom fit for your camera!

~Lindsay


3 comments:

  1. Looks good, comfortable, practical, and such cute fabric. I think this could be a big seller. :) When do you start mass production?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I can afford to quit my day job. :)

    ReplyDelete