Monday, October 12, 2009

The Turtle Dress

How cute is this little sweetie? She's modeling the little turtle appliqued dress that I made for her earlier this summer.

We had quite an ordeal getting it to fit. Originally the bodice was just a little too narrow for her to get her arms through. Her mom sent it back for me to fix. I took a deep breath, said a prayer and cut down the back. I turned the raw edges under, added a button loop and a button and it ended up looking really cute. It was a good fix. And now it fits!

I think this would look super cute this fall with a little long sleeved tee and some leggings under it. You can see already that it looks good with a pair of boots!

~Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Did you get a picture of the "fix"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I wish I would have! I used a hair elastic for the button loop. It worked really, really well and was super easy.

    ReplyDelete