Sunday, November 22, 2009

Custom Order #2

After completing the Halloween apron for my co-worker, another co-worker asked if I could make an apron as a birthday gift for a friend of hers. My co-worker picked out the fabric from Hancock's of Paducah (my main fabric supplier) and a pattern from the A is for Apron book.
You may recognize the pattern. It is the same pattern I used for the Holiday Twirl, which I had made in order to try out the pattern before making this apron for my co-worker. The only difference is that she wanted to make it reversible (I of all people can't blame her for that decision.)

I wasn't sure how I would like the dots as the main fabric and the big bold patterned fabric as the accent. It seemed to me that the dots were more well suited to an accent fabric and the big bold pattern as the main fabric. Now that it is done, I couldn't disagree with myself more! The ties are long enough to make a bow in back or a tie in front. I actually really like how the tie in front looks, but who doesn't like a big bow in back. Can you tell which side is my favorite?

Oh, who am I kidding - I LOVE both sides - and the options and possibilities they create.
With the exception of a minor topstitching false alarm that I was able to address before it was too late, the apron went together easily.
I can't wait for the big reveal on Monday. I know she is going to LOVE it. My favorite part of creating these items is making something that people can enjoy!

Interested in a custom order? Just contact me via our 402 Center Street Etsy Site.


~ Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, very cute!! I am also suprised at how nicely the large print works as an accent. I would have been skeptical too! Nice work sis!

    ReplyDelete