Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Holiday Twirl

I know it isn't even Thanksgiving yet and I am thinking Christmas. But can you really blame me, think of all the great things that Christmas brings with it - time with family, crisply wrapped presents, Starbucks' peppermint hot chocolate, fill-in-the-blank-with-your-favorite-thing. This is the perfect time of the year to think of all the good things and still be able to ignore all the not-so-good-things (i.e. driving in the snow! AH.)
Anyway, for those of you who are eager to get on the Christmas sleigh with me, I introduce you to the Holiday Swing Apron. When I was making this my sister commented that it would make a cute skirt. She was thinking of a skirt for the Bug, I was thinking of a skirt for me!

While, I finished this as an apron I may attempt a skirt with a similar pattern.

This is my first non-reversible apron, so I used French seams to give it a clean and finished look and to extend the wear of the garment.

As is usually the case, I am having a hard time not keeping this whimsy apron for myself! But alas, until I can excuse an apron-a-day lifestyle, I will continue to sell them on Etsy.

~Michelle
*Please note, that I can accommodate custom orders, if you see a pattern you like on the blog or in our Etsy store, but would like it in a different fabric, just contact 402CenterStreet through the Etsy site and I will work with you to design the perfect apron for you or as the perfect gift for someone special.

1 comment:

  1. You know I love it! And oh how I wish I could excuse an apron-a-day lifestyle!! Yes, yes. . . I want that!

    ReplyDelete