Sunday, November 15, 2009

Officially Crazy?

I'm still here folks but I think I've officially gone crazy. Despite the mountain of Christmas gifts I'm wanting to make, and the pile of "to do" projects for the store. . .

I have decided to hand quilt the baby quilt I'm working on.

I know. I'm nuts. But I HATE the way my machine quilts and I just can't make it do what I want it to do. I think maybe I just need to spend a little more time figureing things out. But for now, for this project, hand quilting is the way to go.

I think part of my problem is, I don't just see this quilt as a functional piece. To me, it is a work of art. I've put so much of my heart into it, I just can't settle for less than my ideal.

So there you have it. If I'm not putting out as much stuff for the store as quickly as I'd hoped this is why. Baby will be here soon and she needs her quilt! So I'll be stitching away fervently with every minute of free time I can manage until this project is completed!

~Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're still planning on visiting this weekend. =D
    ><>

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not crazy. I completely understand what you mean. VERY much in love. :,-)

    ReplyDelete