Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Camera strap cover (special order)

I received a request for this camera strap cover this afternoon. And because I'm just crazy like that, I added it to my list of projects to be completed before Friday.

It's for a special girl. Can't tell who. It's a surprise!

Side one is this super cute modern leaf print. If it weren't nearly 11 pm I would look up whose print it is but my brain was in bed about an hour ago.

I've been dying to use this ever since I bought it the day after Thanksgiving. I still think that I need a purse from it.

The other side is this fun, very retro yellow floral. No idea who the designer is here folks. I got this puppy courtesy of the Goodwill. Hooray for vintage sheets! I'm pretty sure the girl working the register thought I was totally crazy for buying this but come on, it was $2.50!! You just can't beat it for that ammount of yardage. And maybe I'm crazy, but I think it's really cute.

I'm thinking maybe one of these days (say after Christmas craziness dies down) I might attempt to write up a tutorial for these reversible strap covers. Goodness knows it would help me to record my process. This beauty was my second attempt. My first wound up half the required width because I didn't think through the measurements correctly. Oops! That's what I get for rushing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've some cookies to bake and presents to wrap. . .

~Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. You're excused. See you Friday. =D
    ><>

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are now a lot of girls out there praying they are the special girl you are refering to. I need to get into photography so you can make me a strap. :)

    ReplyDelete