Here's the yoke detail. If I had it to do again, I would have paid more attention to the pattern placement. I think that would have just kicked it up a notch. But I was working quickly and I only have a fat quarter of the damask so I was trying to be frugal with it. The yoke is fully faced and top stitched and the exposed seams are all french seams so the skirt looks finished inside and out.I used this sweet little loop trim from my stash for some detail at the hem line. I love the whimsy of it. Works so nicely with this fun print. And this may well be my favorite part, the slightly exposed PURPLE zipper. I know it's crazy, but I thought it looked fun and totally unexpected.
I can't wait to see the Bug in this at all our Holiday functions. She has a striped green sweater that I think will be just perfect with it. Super fun and funky.
The sad part about this skirt is that, while ripping out some rogue top stitching I accidentally ripped a little hole in the back waistband. Yikes!! I repaired it, but it totally rendered this garment un-sellable. Thank goodness I have just enough of the damask to make another one for the Etsy store!