Friday, February 12, 2010

Blue Bird Quilt in Pictures

There were moments that I never thought I'd see the day.
The Blue Bird quilt is finished!
I love the way the fabric shrunk up in the wash and made it look all crinkly, comfy and old.
I couldn't be more pleased with my decision to hand quilt this--even though it delayed the completion of the project two months. I love the juxtaposition of the spirals against the lines of all the squares and rows. I just don't think I could have done that on my machine.
I had some extra squares left so I used them to sew a casing for a hanging rod on the back.
Can I tell you how nervous it makes me to know that this is going to be hanging on the wall like a piece of art? Yikes!  Don't look too close guys!
I think I like the back almost as much as I like the front. This print is my favorite in the whole line. I wish I could have bought a bolt.

I can't wait for baby Blue Bird to cuddle up with her new quilt just in time for her baptism next weekend.  God Bless you sweet girl. Much love from "Auntie" Lindsay!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay - this is BEAUTIFUL! You are amazing! Honestly, this is the best quilt I have seen since I graduated High School! LOVE IT! (and love you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Wonder! A Masterpiece! Honest to goodness, I would snap this up in an instant if it were on sale. I adore it. You are so, so talented!

    ReplyDelete