Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Sewing

I opted out of making the Bug's Easter dress this year.  Things are crazy at work right now planning  Spring Into Art .  There's lots and lots of behind the scenes planning going on here during the work day and not a lot of creativity or motivation left for sewing projects in the evenings.

But I did manage a few small projects for the Bug's Easter basket.

A new puzzle requires a new puzzle bag, of course.
And a princess puzzle bag requires a bit of fancy embellishment.  A little bit of ruffle (left over from the Can Can skirts!) and a vintage button from grandma's stash add just the right ammount of "fancy". 

And I finally got around to making a crayon roll.
I made a few errors in measuring so it doesn't lay as flat as I would like but it functions and it's cute and right now that's good enough.

So far, the Bug likes it so much that she actually puts her crayons away.
And to whomever invented these twistable crayons--THANK YOU!!  I am loving them.

Work on the Make Life baby quilt continues. Baby girl is due in May so you should see some pictures of the nearly completed project soon!! I'm not hand quilting this time though. Perhaps if I had until next May I might consider it.

Oh, and tax season is almost over! Can we get a collective sigh of releif? Michelle should be back sewing again soon. I miss you sis!
~Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. I dusted my sewing machine off this weekend - I got two bird bodies done!

    ReplyDelete