Friday, April 9, 2010

Make Life Baby Quilt

Well here it is, the latest baby quilt, for new Momma-to-be and The Bug's favorite babysitter, Angie.
She picked the fabric and I thought this brick path inspired design was a great way to showcase it.

The more quilting blogs I read, the more I realize that I really don't have a clue about appropriate piecing.  I probably should have made blocks instead of strips? I don't know. My approach to quilting is based on my knowledge of garment sewing and one semester long class in "Fiber Arts".  

I am having fun learning by doing though. And I am trying to improve my technical knowledge.  I am really enjoying the quilting month features over at Sew Mama Sew, especially this series on quilting basics! So helpful! I can't promise I'll ever be a technically accurate or meticulous piecer but it's good to have the knowledge of how things are supposed to be done.

My primary fear with this sweet little baby quilt is that Ms. Angie's Amish relatives are going to see it. Yikes! I'm not sure I can handle that kind of pressure!!

So as a celebration of the end of tax season for Michelle and the near end of Spring Into Art planning for me we are going to the International Quilt Festival in Chicago next weekend! I am so excited! It can't get here fast enough!!

~Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. International quilt festival?! That sounds like so much fun! This quilt is so beautiful already. I love the piecing! Can't wait to see how it comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as "don't have a clue about appropriate piecing. I probably should have made blocks instead of strips?" goes, I consider this to be art. Any way the artist wants to do it is right. Artists don't conform, they create. That being said, it is beautiful. I believe you'll hear nothing but compliments from the Amish gals. =D
    ><>

    ReplyDelete