Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Garden tote

Apparently Friday is "Provider Appreciation Day" or something like that. I've never been a big fan of those random Hallmark holidays but this time I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to say a big ol' Thank You to the Bugs day care teacher.
She mentioned a few weeks ago that she gardens so I thought this garden tote on Sew, Mama, Sew! was just the perfect gift. The fabrics in the patchwork are some of the Bugs favorites from my stash. Hopefully I'll be whipping together a birthday banner for her from them here in the next week. The pockets are vintage, from the yards and yards of fabric I got from my grandma. Those white deer are so awesome. You can't tell from the photo of course but they are flocked so they have a bit of funky texture to them.
The main body and lining are a natural colored linen. I probably could have gone with more of a home decor weight but I just love the clean and timeless look of linen. I used super soft bamboo batting scraps from the Make Life quilt to give the bag a bit of body and structure.

I love it. I wish I had time to make one for myself. But it's either get the seeds in the dirt or make a bag and the bag would be pointless without the seeds, right?

I can't wait for the Bug to hand this over to her teacher. And she's excited too because she had a part in choosing the fabrics and the flowers. Friday can't come soon enough! Thank you Mrs. Schreck, for all you do to help your kiddos bloom!

~Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. I wan't sure what you meant by "provider" at first. There has to be a better way of titling it right?
    Any hoo. I heart this bag - I think linen is my favorite fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe it's National Teacher Appreciation Week or something but the daycare newsletter called Friday "Provider Appreciation Day". I thought it was odd too. :)

    ReplyDelete