Thursday, May 27, 2010

Two Projects Completed


I completed another Can Can skirt for a friend of my sister's this week.
Word has it this little girl's parents are rockers.  I can just picture these sweet little ruffles paired with a band tee-shirt, leggings and Chuck Taylors.
At church last Sunday I decided that this Momma needs a bigger purse.  My old one just wasn't cutting it anymore.  Sure, I don't have to carry diapers or bottles anymore but we've really just swapped those out for notepads, crayons, doll babies and miscellaneous "beautiful" sticks and stones.

So I was really excited when I saw this tutorial from Warehouse Fabrics listed on How About Orange.  It was exactly the bag I had pictured in my head.  Hooray for saving myself the steps of drafting and testing out a pattern!!!  I love the Internet and the crafty exchange of ideas. It's just awesome.
The bag went together pretty well. I followed the instructions to a tee the first time around. I think in the future I would opt to skip the pleats in the lining. It seems totally unnecessary and it makes placing the pockets kind of awkward in my opinion.

I am in love with this purse. I found this vintage feed sack at a yard sale that my friend Jessica tipped me off to last summer.  It's been sitting on my shelf begging for a purpose and I really like the way it works in this purse.  All that said, I'm not sure that it's "me".  It is really big! And the pink. . . well, I'm just not a pink sort of a person.  But I'm giving it a test run today.  I have a sneaking suspicion I will grow into it if only because I love it too much to part with it.

Next up is a lunch bag for a friend and I have some new quilt ideas percolating.

And would you believe it? I've heard a rumor that Michelle has recovered from tax season and has taken a little break from unpacking boxes in their new sweet abode in order to do some sewing!  Can't wait to see it sis!!

~Lindsay


1 comment:

  1. Ha! Thanks for the tip off. :) I took pictures of my latest project - and should get internet hook up at the new abode tomorrow - so there should be a post from me soon.

    I love the purse - if you should need to part with it, I may be able to find it a new home.

    ReplyDelete