Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lunch Bag for Dr. Z

Just a simple little project for a friend who needed something a little prettier than a plastic sack to carry her lunch in.
The fabric is from the Happy Daisy line from Urban Chicks.  I have a thing for the design styling of those Urban Chicks I think.  I didn't even realize this was more of their handiwork until I cut off the selvages and noticed the cute little chicks all in a row.  I just saw that the Fat Quarter Shop had it marked down 50% a few days ago and knew I had to have some.  I do love that little Fat Quarter Shop.  Especially because their shipping is so darn fast!!
I made the bag reversible because we both decided that this floral was a little odd, but that we were strangely drawn to it.  Since it might be little much for everyday, I gave her options. When she's just not feeling the Marion, the Blue Bamboozle side will do!

This bag has a little more structure than the lunch sack I made for my Mom for Christmas because I found some thermal interfacing at JoAnn's that I knew would be great for this.  The buttons are vintage, simple red plastic shank buttons from my Grandma's button jar.  They match the slightly muted color tone of this fabric beautifully.

All in all, a lunch bag fit for the beautiful, sweet, genius Dr. Z. I'm glad you love it, friend!

~Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. BLOG POST OVERLOAD! Hehehe. I like the bag - I am a bit jealous of the thermal interfacing! But I LOVE my bag! It is so handy and makes me feel less lame then carring my lunch in a grocery bag and more green too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could probably rip yours apart and add a thermal liner if you really want one Shell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bag. And the thermal liner is a good idea, too. =D
    ><>

    ReplyDelete