Thursday, July 8, 2010

Patriotic Ruffle Shirt

Is it too late to post about the Bug's Independance day garb? I have been having one heck of a time with my photos from this past weekend for some reason. I'm so sorry for the delay!

I am loving these free patterns from Oliver + S. I just might have to get crazy with my thrifty sewing self and purchase some of the other ones that I love. $15 a pop isn't cheap though, so I'm going to have to sleep on it. 

But this sweet top was made from their ruffled halter pattern.  This one wasn't as quick as the popover sundress but it was still fairly easy.
The ruffles are cut on the bias and left unfinished.  It's a cute look, although next time I think I would take the extra time to hem them. Just a preference though.

The back of the shirt is open. Perfect for these dog days of summer. And for sitting in the sweltering heat parade watching.

I picked up the fabric at JoAnn's on Clearance last summer I think. The white print especially reminded me of fireworks and I knew I wanted to make her something for the 4th out of it.

By the way, these photos were taken in Aunt Michelle fancy schmancy new kitchen! Check it out. . . stainless steel appliances, hard wood floors, granite counter tops. . . I'm so moving in sis. ;)

~Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. This shirt is super cute! And SUPER summer! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure I want one of these too. I love those Oliver patterns too. They have a few free ones here and there. $15 IS kinda pricey!

    ReplyDelete