Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Spring Ruffle Top in the Middle of Summer

From the tutorial over at Made by Rae, the Spring Ruffle Top.
I love the fabric. It's a Robert Kaufman print that I found on sale. It's lightweight and perfect for this top.

I don't love the fit. (or my watch tan line) Since I took this photo I have sewn down the pleats which helps with the bulk around the chest (of which God has granted me plenty of my own) and I took in the sides a bit.  I still think it maybe needs ties in the back to pull it in a little and make it look less maternity shirt like.

Even with those adaptations I feel like this was a major accomplishment. I haven't sewn for myself in fifteen years.  It was fun to prioritize myself for a change.  This pattern's a keeper. Super simple and lots of possible variations. Hopefully it's not the last time I make something for myself!

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment