Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dewberry Quilt

My current project.
A small lap quilt made from Joel Dewberry's Deer Valley, Tarragon pallet.

The quilt pattern was one from a book I checked out at the library. I don't have the details handy right now but I'll try to cite it when I post the finished quilt. It was a super easy to follow pattern. Not nearly as complicated as it looks.

Forgive the photo quality. I took the picture on my phone because I was just too excited about the whole thing to take the time to run downstairs for the real camera.

It's almost ready to sandwich. I bought some fusible bamboo batting to test out this time. I'm super pumped to see how it works. If I could avoid the basting phase. . . shear heaven. . .

But then I need to figure out how to quilt it. I'm puzzling over that one. I'd really like to try this AMH method but I'm not sure I've got the time to commit to hand quilting the whole thing.  Maybe a cross between tying and hand quilting? We'll just have to wait and see.

I bought this book over the weekend and I am just overflowing with new ideas.  It's not a very modern book but it is proving to be a very helpful reference tool. 

Also on the "to do" pile?
A couple Itty Bitty Baby Dresses for a shower I'm not able to attend this weekend.
A back pack for a certain little Bug who has the audacity to start Pre-School next week.
An apron knot dress for the daughter of a friend.

I feel like maybe a vacation day is in order.

~Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. How did I not know the Bug was starting Pre-School?!?
    p.s. the quilt looks amazing - and complicated and hard - you should probably just let people think it is! ;)

    ReplyDelete