Sunday, August 15, 2010

Itty Bitty Baby Dresses

I needed a gift for a baby shower this weekend.
Embroidering teeny weeny onesies is not my thing.

Lesson learned.

But Itty Bitty Baby Dresses? Perhaps I've found my baby shower niche.
Thank you Made by Rae.
I love the pink and green combo of this first one.
This little flower is removable and can be repositioned anywhere on the dress or on the accompanying stretchy headband that I made to go with everything.
I heart gingham.
I like the color combo on this one. It didn't turn out like I had in my head but it's still cute.
Little vintage flower button there to accent the bodice.
Another removable flower. A rose this time. (It's just left-over gathered fabric from the ruffle at the hem, all twisted and sewn to resemble a rose) Don't you just love the little mice? This was from a vintage piece of fabric from grandma. It was sewn into an adult dress. I can't even imagine. But it works well for a baby.
I thought this fabric was super cute. I bought 3 yards of it at a local store that is closing down their fabric section.  I got the pink floral there too. I'm sad they are closing out their fabric, but super happy that I got some cute stuff pretty cheap.
Piping around the middle.
Love the bright pink lining.
Little appliqued stripe of pink around the bottom.
And here's the flower for this one, attached to the headband. This is my favorite flower of the bunch. I'm thinking I need to make lots more of these.

These dresses were such fun to make and so stinking tiny and adorable when they were finished. It was big payoff for not so much time invested. Gotta love projects like that!

~Lindsay


Photobucket

The Girl Creative

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I would love to know how you made that flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,these little dresses are adorable! What pattern did you use? I'd love to make some of these little pretties for my little new grand daughter.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanniemb1--Here's a link to the tutorial I used for the flowers:
    http://sewritzytitzy.blogspot.com/2008/11/from-annas-gardenfabric-flower-tutorial.html

    Shelia--the dresses are from a free tutorial/pattern at Made By Rae. You can link to it up at the top of the post or just Google "Itty Bitty Baby Dress"

    Thanks for the compliments! They were so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty dresses. I love the top floral pattern. The blue and yellow make a great combo too. Good work!

    ReplyDelete