Friday, September 10, 2010

Baby Jean Skirt

This sweet little number was made from the tutorial on KoJo Designs, (the tutorial was actually a guest post from Homemade By Jill, another really great blog) this skirt is a great way to reuse old jeans and tee shirts.
This one is a 3 to 6 month size. I can't wait to scale it up to the Bug's size!  Heaven knows I have enough old jeans and tees to play around with this a bit (thanks Honey)!
I love the little pleats. Such a grown up, sophisticated look for a little lady.
I added the ribbon hem and I love the detail it adds to an otherwise simple skirt.  I first learned this technique on the Oliver & S Lazy Days Skirt and I love how simple and pretty it is.
And this is my first attempt at a 402 label using another tutorial at KoJo. Obviously, I need to get a nicer fabric marker but I like the general concept. I think the random messy stitching around it is fun, I just need to make the painted numbers more neatly.  I'm not sure if I was just in too much of a hurry or if my paint pen was sub-par but for now, I'm blaming the pen.

At any rate, I like the idea of making my own tags as I need them since I've yet to find pre-made tags that I love and I have a hard time buying in the quantities so many tag makers require anyway.

So thanks for the tutorials KoJo Designs! 

Little known fact: KoJo designed Michelle's wedding invitations.
Who knew?
It truly is a small world after all.

~Lindsay



monogram

9 comments:

  1. Very sweet skirt--don't you wish grown ups could wear these things, too, and look just as cute? Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute skirt! Love how the ribbon hides the rough edges of the denim! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the pleats and edge, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ribbon hem. The skirt turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute skirt. Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt is adorable! Great tag, too!

    ReplyDelete