Monday, October 25, 2010

Cinderella!

Here she is in all her princess splendor!
I see all the faults of this dress, of course, but the Bug's eyes light up and she is transformed.
Insisting I call her "Cinderella" for as long as the dress is on.
I also made the long sleeved tee shirt to wear underneath.
Halloween is typically chilly in these parts.
I ended the sleeves in a point with a little elastic loop for her finger to resemble fingerless gloves and make it a little more princess like.
Underneath, the pettiskirt, more nylon chiffon than I ever care to deal with again. 
(almost a football field worth!)
But it's so cute.
It might reappear in green as a Christmas dress. We'll see how crazy I'm feeling.
The look on her face. . .
The wonder. . .
The excitement. . .

It made all that pattern sizing hassle, all the satin and chiffon headache, just disappear.

~Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She is breathtaking. Just gets cuter every day! Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I thought you were doing the pre-ball Cinderella. It would have been a lot easier. She is so-o-o cute and looks quite proud of her Mommy and herself. I'm proud of both of you too. =D
    ><>

    ReplyDelete