Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Said I Wouldn't, But I Did

I should have known myself better.

I bought this fabric for a Christmas dress for the Bug. I'd envisioned a simple apron dress. Something I could whip up quickly (knowing how busy I get with last minute gift ideas in December) but would still be super cute.

Well then before I knew it, it was the middle of December and I was STRESSED with the things that still needed done so I gave up my Christmas dress dream and just bought a cute sweater dress on sale at Crazy 8. I even splurged on fancy tights to help ease my Mommy guilt.
But it couldn't be helped.
I could not resist the siren song of that pile of Christmas fabric. And the night before the Bug's school Christmas Party I made her a dress.

It only took two hours, start to finish. Oh how I love this Little Lizard King pattern!

And the next morning when she woke up and saw a brand new dress her eyes lit up and a smile spread across her face as she said, "For me??".  She spun and she danced and she grinned shyly and nodded proudly as people asked her "Did your Mommy make that?". And oh my heart swelled with pride.

I love you Bug.
Merry Christmas sweet girl.

~Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. You are so stinkin' sweet! Thank you for the love.

    Hey, I have a new pattern ready to test. It's a ruffle skirt. Are you interested? If so, shoot me an email at littlelizardking@gmail.com and include the size you can test.

    ReplyDelete