Tuesday, August 30, 2011

BFF Back Pack

The Bug's BFF turns 4 this week so over the weekend there was a very exciting bouncy house party.
It was THE talk all.week.long.
Since the Birthday Girl is headed off to preschool after Labor Day we decided that a new back pack was in order.

I've gotten to the point where I can whip one of these up pretty quickly, which is good, since inspiration struck only a week before the party.  I used the Let's Go Back Pack tutorial on Sew Mamma Sew. (tutorial created by Rachel at Four Wise Monkeys)
The fabric on the bottom is a really soft corduroy that's been in my stash for a while. I think this used up about the last of it. Nothing but itty bitty scraps left now.  The other two exterior fabrics are some that my sister gifted me at Christmas a year or two ago.  They are so perfect for so many little girly things.
The inside is vintage gingham from grandma. I love that big check pattern.
And since the birthday girl mentioned to her Momma that what she REALLY wanted was a pink princess backpack I scrambled and found a bit of princess blanket binding that the Bug found on clearance and asked me to buy. It was a quarter so I said, yes. And boy am I glad I did! How else could I have added princesses? I have no idea.
(photo courtesy of Kim Bell)

The birthday girl seems pretty pleased with her spoils!
I hope the backpack serves her well. Can't wait to see those first day photos!
We love you sweet girl! 
Have a happy, happy Birthday!

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment