Monday, August 15, 2011

Ruffles, Ruffles everywhere!

This ruffle dress pattern and I have a love hate relationship. 
I hate sewing on all those ruffles but I love the way it all comes together in the end.
Ultimately the time measuring and pinning is worth it. 
Especially when your model is this cute.
This is the first time I've sewn up this dress in a print and I've got to say, I think I like it even better.
I found this linen blend sketchy floral at JoAnn's and I want to go back for more. It's so pretty and modern looking.
I had to make some 11th hour changes to suit the petite little Miss. When her Momma tried it on her the straps were too far apart for her narrow frame. Since I didn't have time to completely redo the bodice, I snipped off the straps and added a band of white bias tape all around the top of the dress. I moved the ties in about an inch and a half total.  I think I like that pop of white even better than the original version.
They don't come any cuter than sweet little H.
I'm guessing she was the star of the dance floor at this wedding reception.
I love you sweet girl! I hope you get lots of wear out of this little dress because you are to die for cute in it!

~Lindsay

1 comment: