Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas nightgown. . . err. . . dress. . .

I am hopeless.
Really. . . how many Christmas dresses does one girl need?
In my defense, however, this one started out with the intention of being a Christmas nightgown made of the scraps of Christmas fabric I had laying around.
As I worked on it, it became clear to me that this was way too cute to be slept in.
Plus, the quilters cotton is just too stiff to be comfortable for snoozing.
Or so I thought.
It didn't stop the Bug from falling asleep halfway through Christmas Eve service.
The pattern is the Little Lizard King's Elizabeth Claire dress with the long sleeve option.
I love the bell effect created with the elastic halfway down the sleeve.
The skirt is less full because I was working with small amounts of fabric.  I should have pieced more in because it did not meet the Bug's twirl requirement.

In my defense, I thought I was sewing a nightgown and it just morphed into a dress. Twirling is less important in a nightgown.

I hope you all had a very blessed Christmas.
I'll be playing catch up here this week, posting gifts that were made and couldn't be shared, plus the real Christmas Day dress. . . yes there is another one. . .

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment