Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sewing Gifts for Me!

I got a BUNCH of sewing related gifts this Christmas.
It's so exciting.
You know I MUST be thrilled if I am posting a photo of myself. I never do that.

The quilting book and Gingher pinking shears are just two of the things. I got a new 1/4" foot for my machine that I can't wait to test out and a new (larger) thread rack, a point turner, some marking pencils, some quilt basting pins and some binding clips.
All things that will make sewing. . . and quilting in particular. . . more efficient.
The most exciting thing for me was this quilt frame. I love to hand quilt but I have been using a large embroidery hoop to hold the quilt as I work and it's just not the easiest method.

This frame is light weight. It sets up and tears down easily and it isn't so huge that I need to devote a whole room to my current project.
Now that I can stretch my quilt all out and work on larger sections at once I feel like I'm getting so much more done! It's really exciting. I have been working on this quilt forever and I'm just dying to see it finished!
More than anything, I'm excited to give it to it's owner!

I also got a tripod for our camera so I am hopeful that my photography will improve a bit. I'm thinking about building a light box for photographing smaller projects, but at the very least, it will help avoid the inevitable wiggle of my hand when trying to take project shots.

It was a good Christmas for sewing.
Did you get anything exciting and crafty?  Does your family support and encourage your habit like mine does?  I am blessed, for sure. So very thankful.

~Lindsay 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Your gifts make my heart go pitter pat! I am just in awe of that quilt on your frame already! I didn't get many sewing gadgets--other than a little rolling "stitch piercer" for paper and some thread to go with. I think I'm going to venture out and try it on some lightweight leather for techy cozies. My big surprise was a new camera!! Curious to see how your light box comes together. I've been meaning to make one too. You are very blessed indeed to have so much encouragement from everyone.

    ReplyDelete