Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lunch Bag revisited

I tried my hand at the Executive Insulated Lunch Purse from the book, "Lunch Bags!" again.
My mom packs her lunch every single day so a lunch bag is always a great idea for a gift.

I've made her two others. One was when I was in college years before I had even HEARD the word "blog" much less wrote one. It was pretty cool though, pieced and appliqu├ęd with hand dyed fabric. One of these days, I'd like to get back into dying my own fabric.

The other was one of my favorite projects a couple of years ago. . . (here)

Since that time, I have discovered thermal fleece interfacing--which is perfect for using in lunch bags to keep everything cool.
I used the same exterior fabric as the last time I made this particular bag because I love it. But I attempted to change the zipper.  The pattern in the book called for an extra long zipper that kind of hung off the sides of the bag and I didn't love the look of that. It was o.k., I just didn't love it.
So this time I tried a shorter zipper. I think it's almost right.  Zippers and I, we are learning to get along, but we still have a ways to go.

You'll note, I also added a 402 tag. 
This was a last minute Christmas gift and I totally forgot to tag it. Of course, my proud momma ask if I could add one.  You know, in case those other teachers in the lounge ask.
This bag is a bit bigger than the last one I made for my Mom so I think it will function a little better for her.
Since the sewing of this gift was so last minute, I had to ask my Mom to bring it with her for an after Christmas photo shoot. Yes, we still had green grass after Christmas. This has been one weird winter.

Believe it or not, this is not the end of my posts about Christmas presents. There are a few more yet to come. . . 
Which is good because I've sort of hit a sewing lull for the time being and don't have much to show for the last few weeks.

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment