Friday, March 30, 2012

Ballet Bags

Back when the Bug started Princess Ballet classes I made her a bag for her shoes and stuff.
I based it loosely off of this bag from Dana at MADE. (her original post is no longer there, sorry!)
Just look at that little 3 year old Bug!
The bag was super cute. I really loved it.
But it wasn't perfect. It was just a simple drawstring bag and was kind of hard to carry since it had no handle.

So I went back to the drawing board.
Ballet bag 2.0 was made up as a gift for one of the Bug's girlfriends.
Same basic idea.
Satin bag, chiffon overlay, big satin bow.
In ballerina pink of course.
But this time, instead of making it a simple drawstring bag I made a little cinch bag/ back pack.
I used this tutorial loosely. Mostly just to figure out how to run the drawstrings through the casing so it worked right.
I kind of love it a lot.
So I made a second one.
Because the Bug's original bag was starting to fall apart.
It's seen 2 years of hard wear.
And because it's just so darn cute.
She loves, loves, loves the straps. 
(Which were made from ribbon left over from her own baby shower! Waste not want not!)
And she loves the glitter chiffon.
This is the first project I've made for her in a while that she was absolutely giddy over.

The glitter chiffon shed all over our car the first night. Unforeseen consequence. Oops!
The girls may or may not have been shaking it and having a "glitter party" back there in the backseat once they realized. . . making it 100 times worse.
So I'll be sweeping out the car, Honey. Sorry about that!

Other than that little oops! It's a fun, cute, functional little bag.
The glitter has died down a bit so I'd call this project an over all success!

~Lindsay

kojodesigns

2 comments:

  1. so cute! i'm a dance teacher, so love little dancers! i would love for you to link this post up to the spread the love weekend wrap up party i host on my blog. http://www.lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2012/03/spread-love-4-elissa-hudson-giveaway.html
    there is also an AMAZING elissa hudson print giveaway going on right now as well.
    hope to see you there!
    {love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete