Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tee Shirt Dresses

I've been in need of quick projects lately.
Minimal time. Minimal thought.
It's all I have to give right now.
So I dug through the Bug's dresser drawers and came up with a couple of tee shirts that show her belly. Rather than relegate them to the basement bins I decided to sew simple skirts on the bottom and extend their life.

This one was a quick bubble skirt with some navy blue knit.
It's my favorite but doesn't have the spin factor the Bug loves.
She does still enjoy being silly though. Apparently no spin is required for that.

And yes, I did take these photos about a month ago.
The Bug has short hair now and there is no snow on the ground. In fact, it's been way too warm for long sleeved dresses and tights lately.
This one is the Bug's favorite though she refused to be photographed in it.
Hello Lowes cart and static electricity hair! You'll just have to use your imagination to fill in the dress details.

The skirt is a black and grey sweatshirt knit.  I just cut the length I wanted from the width of the fabric, sewed one seam, gathered and attached it at the shirt hem. I didn't even hem the bottom of this one since it curled up nicely on it's own. Quick and easy.

It's a fun way to extend the life of those favorite tees. Or to actually get your "dress only" wearing kiddo to wear the plethora of tee shirts in her drawer.

~Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. ><>
    I love how she's up on her toes "ballet style" in the first pic.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE practical projects like this. Thank you for sharing.
    liZ

    ReplyDelete