Friday, February 15, 2013

Popolok Designs Cece top pattern test

Have you heard of Popolok Designs?
I hadn't, until I got the sweetest e-mail from Alviana asking me if I'd like to test her pattern for the Cece top.
After briefly checking out her Etsy shop, blog and facebook page I knew she had a great sense of style and I fell in love with her story (and her cutie pie of a daughter/model!) so I agreed to the pattern test.

Enter one of the craziest two week spans in my entire life. . . but somehow I still managed to crank out my own little Cece Top.  I think that's at least partially a testimony to the quality of the pattern.
I wasn't super sure about sizing. The Bug is in this weird phase where she is right between a 5 and a 6. So I took her measurements (never an easy feat) and opted to sew up a size 5.  It fits her perfectly.  In hindsight, I should have made a 6 so she had room to grow but at least it fits for now!

Her favorite part is the peplum at the bottom.  Of course! It's a shirt that spins like a skirt? Consider this twirly girls mind blown!
I think it would be super cute over a pair of leggings. I sewed up a pair but in my crazy week haze, I totally sewed them together wrong and they were all crooked in the crotch. Oops. Can't have that.
This pattern was fun for me because it had a few little details that made it more exciting.
I can't remember the last time I put in an invisible zipper.  This one isn't the best, I'm rusty!, but Alviana's instructions were so clear and walked me through the process step by step.  The bodice and sleeves are also both fully lined.  This is one really nice little shirt.
My very favorite part is the contrasting Peter Pan collar with little white pom pom trim. How sweet does that look right there with that little gathered sleeve? Seriously adorable.

Thanks Alviana for the chance to test this cute pattern! It was a lot of fun.
~Lindsay



Sew Chatty
125

6 comments:

  1. Linds, that is adorable. So glad that the bug is okay with posing (at least once in awhile) too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsay! Your Cece Top is beautifully made and your girl looks so adorable on it. i just love the vintage sheet & pom-pom trim. Beautiful touch. You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny that we both posted Cece tops. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh... It's so sweet and the model looks so delighted with it...
    Love it!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tested the same pattern. It is such a cute top. http://olga-kidapproved.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tested this too and love seeing how versatile this pattern is! Yours is adorable. I love that pompom trim and your daughter is so cute!

    ReplyDelete