Sunday, February 24, 2013

School Photos Top

Spring photos were this week.
That's right. . . spring. In February. With a dusting of snow on the ground.

I wanted to make the Bug something special to wear. But I didn't have a whole lot of time and she has very specific taste lately. 
I had a hunch this purple and pink striped fabric would be a hit with her.
I used the free pattern and tutorial for "Her Favorite Sweater" over at iCandy Handmade.
It's easy to see why it's a favorite.
Beyond the color requirement it also meets two other musts on the Bug's list. . . comfortable and can be worn with jeggings.
This knit was great because it had four way stretch which meant that I could play with the stripes, making them vertical on the waist band, neck and cuffs.

This top has Dolman style sleeves which makes it a super simple thing to sew. No sleeves to set, only one pattern piece (and a couple of rectangles to cut). You could make several of these up pretty quickly.

And there's room to grow, which I love!
Time will tell if it inspired sweet smiles like the apple dress did for her Fall School Photo.

~Lindsay

1 comment: