Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy Saint Patricks Day!

 The Bug asked me on Tuesday if I would make her a dress to wear to church on Saint Patricks Day.  I rarely turn down such a request if there is any feasible way but this time I was extra excited because I had two yards of green fabric that I have been dying to make a dress with.  Since it wasn't pink or purple, I didn't think she'd go for it but this was the perfect opportunity.
She was not in the mood for posing. We seriously need warm weather around here. Indoor posing is awkward for all of us.  But you can see things well enough here. The pattern is the ruffle top by Elegance & Elephants (I used the swing dress option) and the fabric is Michael Miller Happy Tones Jemma Floral Lattice in green. Have you ever seen a more perfect fabric? And I love it combined with this pattern.
 The best part for me is the sparkly vintage button in the back. It's like it was just made for this dress.  The Bug was so excited when she saw it. She is such a little magpie.
Again, prolific apologies for less than ideal, fuzzy indoor photos. Last year it was around 78 here on St. Patty's Day. Today it is 38. Come on Spring!

I found this lime green striped ribbon in my stash and held it up to the dress on a whim. I didn't expect to love it but I did. It was a fun way to finish things of.

My little munchkin has been twirling and spinning all day. I think she likes it! The true test will be if she wears it after today.

~Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect St Patrick's Day dress! Love the fabric choice, and that vintage button is perfect for this dress! Thank you for sharing this in the E&E Flickr group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the double ruffle sleeve! And the colour looks lovely on her. :0)

    ReplyDelete