Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Boardwalk skirt for Easter!

My intent was to post this on Friday. That didn't happen and I thought maybe Sunday. Well here we are on Wednesday. . . is anyone still interested in an Easter outfit?
I did this pattern test for Go To Patterns Boardwalk Skirt ages ago. I gave the Bug several fabric choices and she picked the sweet pastel yellow eyelet. She is always surprising me.
The pattern is for a flat front, drawstring waisted, full skirt with a cute little underskirt that adds major twirl factor.  
The pattern test was a little rocky for me. The diagrams were kind of small and not as clear as I'm used to. But all my concerns were addressed and the finished pattern looks to be much more clear. 
I haven't made another skirt from the pattern yet but I can see coming back to this one. I like the extra details that make this a little more special than your basic twirl skirt.

The Bug styled herself for this one. The bluish green shirt was a little much for me so we went with a white shirt for Easter Sunday.  
Emily got a new outfit too.  I couldn't help myself.
And look! The weather was nice enough for outside photos! Hooray!!

~Lindsay


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment