Thursday, April 11, 2013

Crochet Hook Clutch

A few months ago I made a couple of bags for my friend who crochets. She was in need of something to hold her projects, big and small.  A few weeks ago she mentioned that she could use something to carry her crochet hooks in as well.
So I googled around for tutorials and found one at Little Birdie Secrets that fit the bill.  While I've crocheted before, I am far from experienced and I liked that this pattern had a place for everything AND provided me with measurements for each hook pocket.
I am kind of geeked out over the fact that I was able to match my patterns pretty stinking well between the yellow and blue fabric. The inside pockets have room for pretty much every crochet hook imaginable.
It closes with an elastic loop over a vintage navy blue button. I think it's subtle and sweet on this somewhat busy Anna Maria Horner fabric.
There is even a little pocket on the flap for yarn needles. I never would have thought of that. But being a sucker for pockets, it thrilled me that this clutch seemed to have one for pretty much everything.
So there you have it. A crochet hook case for a crafty friend I admire greatly.
It's quite lovely and goes nicely with her other bags.  It was a fun, quick sew that didn't take much fabric so it would make a great gift.  

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment