Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Knit Pajamas

So I made the Bug a pair of pajamas for her 6th Birthday party (it's a pajama party).  I'll share them later. But she loved them so much that she begged to wear them to bed and I said no because they are for her birthday party which is still a few weeks away.

And I did what any rational human being would do.
I let her loose in my knit fabric stash and told her I'd make her another pair.
I think it speaks to the quality of the pattern that I cut and sewed these in about an hour and a half.
And she adores them.
The zig zags are a bit much for me but they are pajamas. . . they ought to be fun.
The pattern is one I've had for a while. I was going to make the Bug Christmas pj's out of it but then fell in love with the Sugarplum nightgown.  I'm glad I finally got around to making these.
It's called Alex and Anna Winter PJ's from the Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop. Seems silly to make winter pjs on the verge of summer but you know, with the ac and all, sometimes summer nights are a little chilly. And these are big enough they will still fit next Fall/Winter. 
She wanted a star on the front. It's a little wonky. That's what happens when you freestyle it. But I kind of like it.

She was all about doing a photo shoot.
Until we nearly stepped on this little guy. . .
And then it was all about him.
She reminds me a bit of her bunny hunting Aunt when she was this age.  We told her if she could catch one she could keep it.
Knowing full well she would never catch one.
Her niece is the same way.
Once we started with this it was obvious all concentration and focus was lost.
But it's good to know she loves her pj's.

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment