Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Crafting Hope with Summer PJ's

I guess I'm kind of on a pajama kick lately, huh?

I've got good reason though.  A few days ago I received an e-mail listing some things that were needed for the county women's shelter. One of those things was summer pajamas for kids.

It just so happened that our June meeting of Crafting Hope is coming up and kids pajamas seemed like a pretty good project for the group.  This pattern was generously donated by Peek a Boo Pattern Shop. It's the Alex and Anna Summer PJ's and this is a size 6.  Fabric used is some pink camo knit I picked up at Vogue in Evanston.  The binding is a heathered grey rib knit that I think I got at Vogue as well.
I sewed this set up as a sample. I always like to have one done for the participants to be able to look at. It also helps me lead people through the steps if I've made the pattern before.

This one is super simple and a really quick sew.  If you are new to sewing with knits this pattern is a great place to start. There is an option to add short sleeves or you can just bind the sleeves like I did. Either option is adorable.
If the Bug's reaction is any indication, they are super comfortable too.

I can't wait to make some more for some very deserving kids.
If you live in the area, Crafting Hope meets on Thursday, June 20th at 6:30 pm at the Nappanee Public Library.  Anyone is welcome to come. All skill levels are invited.  E-mail me and I'll send you details.

If you don't sew but would like to help out, purchased items work just as well!! Here's a list of their current needs, 

  • “Summer” pajamas for children: sizes 6-8, 10-12, 14-16
  •  Boys underwear size 10-12
  •  Women's “summer” sleepwear sizes large, X-large, 2X, and 3X
  • Size 8 women's underwear, briefs

The above items can be dropped off at iFiT, 101 East Hively Ave., Elkhart, IN 46517.
(or you can give them to me and I'll see they get dropped off when we take the pj's)


~Lindsay
125

No comments:

Post a Comment