Thursday, October 31, 2013

Little Mouse and Madeline

I made a few other costumes this October.
A friend of mine had her baby a bit earlier than expected. When I found out, I knew she needed a mouse costume so she could hang out with big sister who was going Trick or Treating as a cat.
The hat was made from a free on-line pattern/tutorial here. It was very simple to put together and so adorable!
The sleeper is adapted from Peek-a-Boo patterns Classic footed pj pattern. It was surprisingly a pretty quick and easy thing to sew--even with the zipper! Hooray!  I added in the pink tummy and we made the pads of the feet pink as well to make it extra mouse like.
Obviously a mouse needs a tail.
I wanted Momma to be able to use this outfit as a sleeper after Halloween so I attached the tail with a button so it could be removed. Easy peasy.
I'm smitten with it and can't wait to see how it looks on.
The other costume I made was for this little sweet pea. Her Momma requested a Madeline dress and I was happy to oblige. 
The dress pattern is Debbie's Birthday dress, View 2.  I just left off the pocket and added long sleeves and a red bow to make it a bit more Madeline-like.
I think it turned out super duper sweet, didn't it?

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Halloween! We have thunderstorms predicted here so we are scrambling to find indoor options. It's a real bummer! But we are making lemonade out of our lemons. I think we are going to head to the local assisted living center to visit the residents and hand out apples.  It may prove to be the most fun Halloween yet!

~Lindsay

BLOG TITLE
125

1 comment: