Friday, November 15, 2013

Hangout Hoodie

In my quest to make the Bug some more winter appropriate dresses I decided to attempt a cute pattern that's been in my stash for a while, the Hangout Hoodie from Peek a boo patterns.
The Bug picked out her own fabric when I was doing a little on-line fabric shopping. This is "Color Hearts" from Girl Charlee. I was excited about it because it is listed as a medium weight knit and so many of theirs are a lighter weight (which are so comfy but a bit harder to sew with).  

When I got it in my hands I was little disappointed. The weight was fine but the texture was just a bit rough. I thought laundering it might soften it up but it didn't.  For a normal kiddo, I'm sure it would be fine, but my girl has sensitivity issues when it comes to clothing.

The grey knit is jersey from JoAnn's. In contrast to the hearts, it is super soft and buttery. I love it.
The placket is what makes this hoodie unique. I think I did o.k. for my first attempt. I got a little bit of bunching going on there in the corners but it's not super noticeable.

The button is one I bought at JoAnn's ages ago. This side is actually the "wrong" side of the button but I liked the way it looked better than the "right" side.
I love the fun, sporty, casual look of this little dress. It really is just about perfect for Fall.  The Bug likes the look too she just can't handle the texture. Can't win them all. We'll be passing this dress on to friends who no doubt will rock it, and I will try this pattern again in something softer.

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment