Monday, February 10, 2014

Girly Owl

Before my sweet niece was born, her Momma sent me a picture of a cute little girly owl and asked if I could make one IF this baby was a girl.  Well, Hallelujah... after three boys, my sweet sister in law got her baby girl.  So Christmas called for an owl.
The photo she sent me didn't link to anything.  Since I can't credit it properly I won't share it here.  But it was pretty similar.  I drew up my own pattern based on the picture she sent.
The cute face and head are made from wool felt. I splurged on the good stuff for this softie since I want it to wear well and last.

The body and dress are made from scraps of quilting cotton that I had in my stash.  The cool orange, blue and green floral was from JoAnns and I should have bought a bolt of it when I could. It's discontinued now.  

The body, head and legs are stuffed with fiber filll so it's nice and soft and cuddly.  I used a fleece interfacing in the "wings" so that it would have some body but still remain floppy.
This is the best, isn't it?  She is just the sweetest thing.  I didn't share this photo first because I knew then you wouldn't be looking at my owl.

Sweet baby girl, I hope you know how much Aunt Lindsay loves you!
Merry First Christmas!

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment