Monday, April 14, 2014

Willow & Co. Fawn Lily Tunic Pattern Test

Several weeks ago, I responded to a call for pattern testers for this Fawn Lily top by Willow & Co. It was a super busy time for me but I couldn't pass it up.  The design was unique and really cute. I didn't think I'd get chosen. These calls for testers can go either way of course. But I DID! Hooray! I'm so glad!
I pulled a few fabric options out of my stash and let the Bug choose. This is the best way to assure she will wear it. I never in a million years would have thought she would choose this Heather Ross Nursery Versery Country Mice linen but my heart leapt when she did.
The striped sleeves were made from scraps from an old sheet. She chose that too.  I didn't notice until it was finished that my stripes go different directions. Ooops. I'm going to pretend that was a conscious design choice, ok?

The mini pompom "piping" may be my favorite part. I love the way it highlights the unique cross over bodice.
Did I mention this tunic has pockets? Yup. It's pretty much perfect in every way.
The cross over bodice style means no fasteners in the back.  Easy dressing for this independent young lady.

The sleeve construction on this pattern is so unique.  It's part of the reason I wanted to test this pattern (beyond the undeniable cuteness). I'm always game to learn a new skill. Not gonna lie, it had me stumped and I used my seam ripper a few times but I eventually got it.
You can tell she loves it.  She also loved the fact that it was warm enough out to wear a short sleeved shirt on it's own.  You can totally date this photo by the piles of unmelted snow still lingering and the progression of those two front teeth!!  Several weeks ago! The show is gone (Hallelujah!!) and the teeth are almost all the way in.

Hopefully she will have lots of opportunity to wear this top this summer.
I would highly recommend this pattern.  It was well written and results in such a nicely finished end product.  The patterns in the Willow & Co. Wanderlust collection will go on sale Tuesday April 22. You can find them at www.WillowandCoPatterns.com and keep up to date with Willow & Co. on their facebook page.

~Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter is so adorable! And so is the little mouse fabric :)
    Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete