Friday, May 23, 2014

Me Made May the Final Chapter

Our photo shoot time was winding down and my little photog had a bit of a bathroom emergency so you only get one photo of my third top sewn this month.  This one may be my favorite because it was crazy easy to sew and it super comfortable. It doesn't hurt that it's my favorite color.
The pattern is called the Daytripper Top by Shwin Designs. It's a very simple Dolman style tee (which means no sleeves to set in!) with a high low hem.  There are tons of options on this one! I made the most simple style and I love that I could use this pattern again and come up with a completely different look.

The fabric is another light weight knit that I think I found on fabric.com but I can't be certain. I had intentions of making a maxi skirt with it but I'm glad I never did because I like as a top.

After sewing up three tops for myself I think it's safe to say I'm feeling a little bit more comfortable sewing for myself.  I even got some joy out it. I mean, who would be happy with a few new shirts to throw in the mix.  I won't be sewing for myself exclusively by any means.  You should see the Bug back here shortly. In fact, I think she is a bit jealous and maybe Miss Picky won't be quite so much so the next time Mama makes her something?  I can dream!

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment