Thursday, May 22, 2014

Unofficial Me Made May

There's a pledge in blogland called "Me Made May". If you read many blogs you may have seen bloggers posting about intentionally wearing outfits or articles of clothing that they have made for themselves.

I don't really sew for myself.  I've never gotten the same joy out of it that I do sewing for my daughter--partially because it's just harder to sew for a grown up body than it is for a little kid body.

However, several of my recent sewing projects have been rejected by the little Miss so I decided to take a break from sewing for her to sew up a few top patterns I'd been wanting to try for myself.
 The first was the City Girl Frock by See Kate Sew.  It has a cowl neck and a yoked bodice.  I opted for the 3/4 length sleeve and the tunic length.  There is also a 1/2 sleeve option as well as options for a shorter top or a belted dress.
 I used a lightweight jersey which isn't really recommended but I liked the color so I tried it anyway. 
The cowl is the only part I think is really affected by the weight of the jersey. It's a bit more floppy and less structured than the examples but I like it. It's dressy enough to wear to work but comfortable enough to wear after work.

This top was addictively quick and cute and it made for a great diversion.

~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment