Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Rio Racerback

I have been terrible about keeping up with this blog this summer. I'm so sorry. 

I've still been sewing though!  About a month ago I decided to make a fun, casual summer play dress for the Bug.

Peek a Boo pattern shop was hosting a sew a long for the Rio Racerback which was just the push I needed.
This coral striped fabric was a remnant I bought somewhere ages ago. I made another dress from it three years ago and it was one of the Bug's favorites.  It's a bit thin on it's own though.
So I made the dress reversible! It's an easy pattern hack since the neck and the arms are finished with binding.
I love this doodle landscape fabric. It's a much more recent purchase from Girl Charlee.  I really like the contrast of the coral stripe with this blue too.
Hand a girl a paper fan and she becomes a model. I fully intended to do a "real" photo shoot for this dress but she was so in to this quick one I didn't.
I love this version of the dress best. That pop of color from the binding really makes the dress for me. 
The Bug loves that she has options. She is a girly girl after all and sometimes she's feeling the stripe, sometimes the blue!

It really is the perfect summer play dress!
~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment