Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Batgirrrl, Batgirl!

Batgirrrl, Batgirl!
Batgirrrl, Batgirl!
The Bug has been requesting a Batgirl Halloween costume for about three years. For two of those years, I was able to talk her out of it. This year I decided to go for it.

She specifically requested a "real" Batgirl which meant no tutu to soften things up.
 Her cape was made from one of daddy's old tee shirts. I cut off the front of the shirt, leaving the neck binding for her to slip over her head. None of the edges are finished since knit won't fray. This was a super easy way to make a cape.
 She had a lot of fun with this photo shoot--pretending to fly and fight crime is right up her alley.
 I used a leotard pattern from Mountain Ash that I've sewn up several times now. It's surprisingly a quick and easy sew if you are comfortable with knits. The pants are the Go To Leggings pattern--also a very very quick and easy sew.
 The fabric is a silvery knit that I ordered from Fabric.com. It didn't work for the project I intended it for but it works well for this application.
All of the accessories were made from felt. She requested a pink mask so I made the belt buckle bat pink too to help tie it in.

She loves it. I love that she loves it.

We are both excited for Trick or Treat!


~Lindsay


1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Was it a heavier knit? I am going to be making a similar costume (black widow).
    Thank you for linking up to my party!

    ReplyDelete