Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Little Betty Top

I recently acquired the Little Betty top pattern from SewPony Vintage.
It's one of those patterns I know the Bug would have loved about 3 years ago.
She is 7 now and usually ruffles are not approved.
I was taking a risk but I wanted to see if I could make the ruffles grown up enough that she'd be into it.  The top was interesting to me, I'd never made anything like it so I wanted to give it a try. 

Forgive the squirrely hair. It was a crazy windy day and keeping it out of her face and looking neat was near impossible.
 So as to give it the best chance for success I used this nice buttery knit from Eurogirls in two of her favorite colors.
I'm not sure why the button in the back since it's knit I don't think it really needed it, but it sure is cute.  My loop could be a bit smaller, eh? I'm just now noticing that.
She says she likes it. So far, she has worn it a grand total of one time. For this photo shoot.  So I don't know that I'd count that a smashing success but it was fun to sew and I think it's super cute.
It's a nice addition to the Fall wardrobe... if you girl is less ruffle adverse.

~Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment