Friday, August 14, 2015

The Driehoek Dress test for the Eli Monster

I don't usually take pattern tests so close together but the opportunity to test the Driehoek Dress by the Eli Monster popped up just as I was finishing the last test and I couldn't pass up the chance.
The Driehoek is a short and swingy dress with a fun, unique bodice shape.
I picked out this fun black and white rose print from my stash of vintage fabrics. I really love the way it works with this design.
The bodice is fully lined so there are no itchy seams up there.
I knew the black and white would be a real stretch for the Bug so I made the bow pink. I do like the way it really "pops".
This dress is so fun and fluid. It hits just above the knee. We added leggings underneath, making it more of a tunic. The leggings were basically to cover up the eight neon band aids covering all of the mosquito bites on her legs. Those things are terrible this year.
I love the fit of the bodice. It's just right. Again, I made the size 6 bodice with size 7 dress length and it was spot on. I love when there is no gap under the arms.
The back closure is an invisible zipper. I used a hot pink one to match the bow... but I did a better job of actually making it invisible this time.
I had her dance around quite a bit to make sure we didn't have any wardrobe malfunctions with the top but the fit is so good, it stayed put.
The Driehoek Dress is available from the Eli Monster at a reduced price through this Sunday. It's recommended for an intermediate sewing level (which I think is pretty accurate) and comes in size 6 month to 12.  If you are a sucker for unique designs like I am, this is a great pattern to add to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment