Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Gifts

I'm resurrecting this one from the archives! Christmas gifts from 2014! Wow.
Freezer paper stenciling is the bomb.
I personalized the aprons for a couple of grill masters on my shopping list. I'm always surprised by the crisp detail of the freezer paper stencil.  We packed these with Mook, Oink, Cluck and Swish homemade rubs.
I had a little too much fun making small things for my sweet sassy niece.  This peasant top is great because the fit is so generous. It starts out as a dress and as she grows it will go to a tunic and then a cute little top.
This top is the Hazelwood Hoodie from Love Notions made in a knit from Joanns.
The leggings are the Go To Leggings pattern from Go To Patterns. It's my favorite legging pattern. They just fit right every time. The pattern has a great range of sizes and tons of options.
This might be one of my favorite gifts I've made. My nephews love to go fishing so I made the littlest a fishing game.  Each fish is a sandwich of fabric and batting with a strong magnet inside.  The fishing pole has a magnet on the end of the line.

I made this by looking at several different blogs and combining their ideas and advice.
This little vest was a free pattern from Love Notions, The Dashing Vest.
The vest was upcycled from his uncle's polo shirt (see photo). They don't get much cuter. He calls it his fishing vest.

The best thing is, most of the gifts are still being enjoyed a year later. Handmade gifts are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment